Q. How do I use Grammarly's online version?
First you will need to set-up your Grammarly account. For those instructions, click here.
The online version is different from the plug-in version in that you don’t have to download any software. With the online version, you can submit your writing and review Grammarly’s feedback directly from Grammarly’s website.
Log in to Grammarly here: https://www.grammarly.com/ To use Grammarly's online version, watch the short video below, or follow these instructions:
- After you have logged in, you will be brought to your Grammarly Home screen where you have a couple of options of what you can do:
- Upload or start writing a new document
- Open a document you uploaded or typed previously
- Edit your username and password information
- Get help from a quick tutorial or from Grammarly's tech support
- Once you upload a new document (finish typing a new document, or open a previously uploaded document) you will see the Grammarly edit screen. Grammarly will automatically run a report for you based on the settings you indicate in the left tool bar.
Tip: For research papers use the Academic > General Academic setting
- When Grammarly is done checking your document, you will see the number of issues and your Grammarly overall score at the right of the screen under "Start/Hide Assistant". Scroll through your document to fix or ignore the issues Grammarly found by selecting each alert.
For directions on how to use Grammarly's plug-in version, click here.
For directions on how to run a Grammarly Report, click here.