Q. How do I use Grammarly's plug-in version?
To access the plug-in version, you will need to first set-up your Grammarly account. For those instructions, click here.
Grammarly updated their plug-in on September 12th, 2018 - to install the newest version please follow these instructions:
- Download the latest version from http://www.grammarly.com/office-addin/ and follow the instructions on that page to install it.
- Open any text document in Word, find the Grammarly tab in the toolbar, and then click "Open Grammarly."
- Log in using your Grammarly credentials if prompted.
- You should see the Grammarly sidebar on the right. In should say "Checking..." and then start displaying suggestions.
If you are downloading the plug-in for the first time, then follow these steps:
Watch the short video below on how to use Grammarly's plug-in version. You can also follow these steps:
First, you will need to download the plug-in on your computer. The plug-in download is available at: https://www.grammarly.com/office-addin/windows
- As of August 2016, the plugin still only works in Word for PC computers.
- Mac user? Just in case, check in at https://support.grammarly.com (Grammarly's help / support area) and search "Mac" in the Knowledge Base search to see if they've added a plugin for Macs.
- For PC users, you will have to download the plugin and install it on your own computer (campus computers should have the plugin installed already).
The plug-in version is different from the online version in that it is available directly in Microsoft Word. You don’t have to go to Grammarly’s website to have your paper edited. With the plug-in version, you are able to:
- Make changes to your paper while it is still in Word (no uploading, saving, and downloading)
- Visit your mistakes in order instead of by type
For directions on how to use Grammarly's online version, click here.
If you require any further assistance with downloading or troubleshooting, please contact the Grammarly support team at: https://support.grammarly.com/hc/en-us/requests/new#/
- How do I use Grammerly if I don't have Word, I use doc.google.com instead? It's much more reliable then Word and I can access it from anywhere.
- Hilary, there is also an online version of Grammarly that you can use and access: see our Answer here: http://rasmussen.libanswers.com/faq/33180
- We have to pay for this?
No, you do not have to pay for Grammarly. You do need to use your Rasmussen email and an access code to get the correct account access. If you already created a Grammarly account and it is asking you to pay, please follow this instructions to get things fixed: http://rasmussen.libanswers.com/faq/53027