Q. I need help getting tax forms...federal and state. Help?
Federal tax forms: http://www.irs.gov/Forms-&-Pubs
State level tax forms: http://www.irs.gov/Tax-Professionals/Government-Sites
- Florida: http://floridarevenue.com/Pages/forms_index.aspx
- Illinois: http://tax.illinois.gov/taxforms/individual.htm
- Kansas: http://www.ksrevenue.org/forms.html
- Minnesota: http://www.revenue.state.mn.us/individuals/individ_income/Pages/Individual_Income_Tax_Forms.aspx
- North Dakota: http://www.nd.gov/tax/user/individuals/forms--publications/individual-income-tax/forms-instructions-iit
- Wisconsin: https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/HTML/formpub.aspx
Reminder: Your FAFSA should be completed after you have filed your taxes. We recommend utilizing the IRS Data Retrieval Tool within the FAFSA to transfer your IRS income information directly from the IRS to the FAFSA. This ensures accuracy and completeness and can make for a more simplified financial aid process. This tool/option generally becomes available 2-3 weeks following an electronic tax filing or 6-8 weeks following a paper filing.
Please note this tool will not be an option for applicants who are married but filed separate returns, for those who had a change in their marital status after the end of the tax year, for those who filed a foreign tax return or for those who filed an amended tax return.
If you fall into one of these categories, you can request an IRS tax transcript at https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript