Q. How do I get materials from non-Rasmussen libraries?
The librarians of Rasmussen College can assist you with borrowing articles and books from outside of the Rasmussen College library system.
To request items:
- Gather necessary information about the item
- Title of Book / Title of article (plus name of journal, volume and issue)
- ISBN number of books
- Page numbers, if you are requesting a book chapter or article
- Using your Rasmussen student or employee e-mail account, send that information with a "please get via interlibrary loan" note to firstname.lastname@example.org with information on where we need to send the book to, to get it to you. Articles are emailed.
How long does it take?
- Books: Books come through the mail and usually take at least 15 days, usually longer, to arrive.
- Articles: Most articles are sent electronically. These are generally available within in 5-10 business days. Others that are not available in a database or that have restrictions may take much longer.
Materials generally not available through ILL:
- Very recently published books or articles
- Multi-volume works of two or more volumes
- Entire issues of periodicals
- Reference books
- Rare books or original manuscripts
- Some dissertations and theses
- Harvard Business School Case Studies
For information on requesting an Interlibrary Loan for an article from one of our databases, visit this Answer: http://rasmussen.libanswers.com/faq/32865