Q. What are some ways to take notes?
There are a variety of ways to take notes. Find what works best for you.
- Outline – Illustrates and organizes major points and ideas.
- Mind map – Guides thinking and helps create distinctions and connections
- Chart – Provides visual review for memorization of facts and relationships
- Cornell method – Divide your note paper into three sections: notes in the right column, key words and questions in the left column, and a summary at the bottom of the page. This can be done in a paper notebook or electronically (for example, a table in Word).
- There are also other methods. Follow this link to Dartmouth College's Skill Center on note taking. The handout on taking lecture notes gives extensive advice on some techniques you can use to make your life easier!
Was this helpful? 6 0