Q. What is the difference between a Tutor and a Peer Mentor?
Q: What does a Peer Mentor do?
Peer Mentors are certified tutors who are trained to show you how to navigate the entire process of being a student while supporting you in a variety of aspects including those beyond academics.
A Peer Mentor:
- Has been exactly where you are right now
- Shares the expectations that lay ahead
- Provides tips that save you time and effort
- Speak directly to your concerns of the unknown
- Recommends regular touch points to gauge progress & stay on track
Q: How do I meet with a Peer Mentor?
We offer Peer Mentoring appointments for new students. Click HERE for instructions.
Q: What does a Tutor do?
A Tutor is a student who has been trained in tutoring strategies and has successfully passed the courses they tutor in with a grade of ‘B’ or better.
- Has likely taken the course you need help with (the exception is Live Help tutors)
- Can support you when you have specific questions about assignments
- Can provide perspective about what will be helpful for the course
Q: What subject areas/courses have Tutors and how do I meet with them?
This ANSWER will show you how to see if there is a Tutor for your course and how to make an appointment.
Should I Connect with a Tutor or a Peer Mentor?