Answered By: Sara Fillbrandt, Digital Services Librarian
Last Updated: Apr 25, 2016     Views: 208

Most commonly used Federal Tax Forms: 

  • Form 1040 - U.S. Individual Income Tax Return - Annual Income tax return filed by citizens or residents of the United States.
  • Form 1040A - U.S. Individual Income Tax Return - A Shorter version of Form 1040 allows you to report limited types of income and to claim certain adjustments.
  • Form 1040EZ - Income Tax Return for Single and Joint Filers with NO Dependents - If you file Form 1040EZ, you cannot itemize deductions or claim any adjustments to income or tax credits (other than the earned income credit).
  • Publication 17 - Your Federal Income Tax - Explains the general rules for filing a federal income tax return.
  • Publication 505 - Tax Withholding and Estimated Tax - Explains tax withholding and estimated tax, and how to take credit on your return for them.

For a list of additional Federal Tax Forms as well as How-To Instructions, go to the Forms and Publications website here: 

Chat with the Rasmussen Library

Chat Hours


12pm-8pm CT

Friday Offline
Saturday Offline
Sunday 4pm-8pm CT

Chat Expectations and Guidelines

Submit a Question

Submit Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.