Q. Can you tell me more about LIVE HELP in the Online Tutoring Service?
Live Help is staffed by professional tutors (they hold degrees in the subjects they tutor in, but are not familiar with specific Rasmussen courses and assignments) and they are available to help in a variety of topics. Some, like algebra tutors, are available 24/7. Live Help does not require an appointment.
Note: Students are provided with 500 minutes every month of combined Live Help tutoring and Writing Lab submissions. Each Writing Lab submission equates to 30 minutes. Minutes reset on the first of every month. The amount of minutes available will populate in the Live Help box (under "Connect") in the Tutoring Platform. If a student utilizes all 500 minutes before the end of the month, they may request additional time be added to their account by contacting the Personal Support Center.
If you are looking to make an appointment with a Rasmussen student tutor via Tutor Match, please visit http://rasmussen.libanswers.com/faq/32816
1. Go to Live Help within our Online Tutoring platform
2. Pick a Topic related to the topic you are working on:
Business/Accounting, Health Sciences, Math, Nursing, Writing/Research, etc.
3. Pick the subject that is closest to your area of need:
4. Click on the Check Tutor Availability link to see when tutors are available (some subject help is available 24/7!).
5. If you would prefer a tutoring session with audio where you can talk live with your tutor (recommended), please check the box that says "Tutoring with Audio". If you would prefer the session be conducted in Spanish, please click on Preferences and select .
6. Click on Connect to connect with any available tutors!
7. Wait for the tutor to join the session. You may see a pop up window that says "Waiting for the Tutor to Connect".
8. Work with the tutor using the whiteboard, audio (if selected), and the chat box.