TUTOR MATCH? Who, What, Why, Where, When?
Tutor Match allows you to schedule tutoring appointments with Rasmussen University peer tutors who are all current students. Online and on-campus modalities, as well as individual or group appointments, are subject to availability.
The College Reading & Learning Association (CRLA) certifies tutoring programs across the country. They have certified Rasmussen University’s training for both level 1 and level 2, meaning that tutors can now become certified or certified advanced tutors depending on how many hours of training and work they complete. This means Rasmussen’s tutors are even better prepared to assist students (and better prepared to feature their experience on their resumes!)
Request a Tutoring Session
- Access the Tutoring Platform via the Books and Tools link in any of your courses or by selecting Tutoring from the Resources link on the Student Portal.
- Look for Tutor Match
- Select a Topic (the discipline in which you need help; not necessarily your school of study) and select a Subject (a specific class or subject)
- Click on Schedule
- Select your Preferred Modality
- Online (with audio/phone)
- On Campus
- Ensure your Time Zone is correct. If it is not correct, click on the time zone link. A separate box will appear where you can change your time zone and continue scheduling your appointment.
- Select a specific tutor from Available Tutors to narrow your search to the tutor of your choice. Otherwise, to see ALL available tutors, leave as "Select a tutor".
- Select the date for your appointment from the calendar. You will need to schedule appointments at least two hours in advance of the session start time.
- Find a time slot that works for you and click on Select.
- Tip: If you prefer to view the calendar for the entire month, select month in the upper right-hand corner.
- Almost done! Double-check your time zone is correct, complete the online form with your phone number, SMS reminder preference, and notes about the assistance you are seeking, then click Request Session.
You will see a pending confirmation page letting you know that the tutor has been notified of your request
- When the tutor confirms your request, you will receive a confirmation email to your SMAIL account
- The modality, time, and date of the appointment will be included.
How to Attend
- On-Campus sessions: Simply show up on the correct campus at the day and time of your appointment.
- Online sessions: Simply come back to the Tutoring Platform shortly before your session starts, hover over your name (top right on the page), and click on My Calendar and then on Enter to access the session.
How to Cancel a Tutoring Session