Q. I am trying to find scholarly articles on DNA sickle cell disease.
1. Pick the right database.
- For scholarly articles on diseases and conditions, your best options are CINAHL or Health Sciences and Nursing.
- Both of these collections are available in the database list, which is available on the library homepage and also on the Resources tab in your classroom (under e-Resources).
2. Pick the right keywords.
- Sickle cell is more formally known as sickle cell anemia, so you might want to type the whole name in: sickle cell anemia
- If you want articles that combine sickle cell anemia with DNA, you might try searches such as:
- sickle cell anemia and DNA
- sickle cell anemia and genetics
- sickle cell anemia and genotype
3. Limit to scholarly articles.
- Our answer on finding Scholarly or Peer Reviewed articles should help with that...there is a simple box to check to limit your search. Click here to find out where that box is!
Was this helpful? 0 1