Chat with the Rasmussen Library
Submit a Question
Answered By: Sara Stambaugh, Digital Services Librarian Last Updated: Mar 01, 2018 Views: 15004
- Students can retrieve their 1098-T via the Student Portal.
- To retrieve, log into the Student Portal. Then click on Resources>Financial Aid>Retrieve Your 1098-T, as shown below. If a student is not eligible for a 1098-T, they will receive a message indicating that and why they may not be eligible.
- The Filer's Federal Identification Number should already be populated in the form. If it is not, please contact your advisor for assistance.
- The 1098-T is typically made available for students in the last week of January.
- If it is after February 1st, and you have not received your form, and it isn’t available on your Student Portal, please contact your advisor for assistance.
Students can view 1098-T Student Information by going to Resources>Financial Aid>1098-T Student Information in your Student Portal.
Where do I find my Form 1098-T for previous years?
To request a copy of a 1098-T form that is not available electronically, you may submit a request by emailing 1098Trequest@Rasmussen.edu. Please include the following information in the email to reduce response time.
Last four digits of your Social Security number
The tax year that you are requesting a 1098-T form for
The campus location where you last attended
The 1098-T form will be emailed to the email address from which the request is being made. Please allow two business days to receive your tax form.
You may also use the above process for this year's 1098-T if it is after February 1st and you have not received your 1098-T in the mail and you can’t access it in your Student Portal.
The following link has continually updated information on IRS Form 1098-T:
- Thanks for showing us how to retrieve it, but it is still showing the one from 2015. I think we are all looking for the 2016 one...
Sara, Librarian Reply: The 1098T forms are currently in process and students should receive them in the mail by January 31st. The form is typically available in the Student Account Center as an electronic copy after February 1st.