Q. I want to learn another language. Do you have something that will help me?
Spanish French Arabic Chinese Croatian Czech Danish Dari Dutch Farsi Finnish German Greek Haitian Creole Hawaiian Hebrew Hindi Indonesian Irish Italian Japanese Korean Norwegian Pashto Pirate Portuguese Russian Slovak Tagalog Tamil Thai Turkish Ukrainian Urdu Vietnamese
All students and faculty have access to Mango Languages database offering 64+ foreign languages and 10+ ESL programs.
- Open it using the link above.
- If you like, there is also an app to use on your iPhone or Android. See http://rasmussen.libanswers.com/faq/32950
When you enter, you will be asked to log in, Use Mango As A Guest, or Sign Up.
- To log in, you will need to create a profile login/password for yourself (the link to do so is right below the login area). If you create a profile, you will be able to keep track of your progress.
- To use Mango without logging in (you want to try it out or play but do not want it to keep track of your progress), use the Use Mango As a Guest button.
"Mango uses real-life situations and actual conversations to more effectively teach a new language. By listening to and repeating after material designed from native conversations, you'll not only learn the individual words and phrases; you'll know how they're used in practical situations and conversations. You'll learn more than grammar, vocabulary, and conjugation; you'll learn how to communicate."
You can learn many foreign languages (listed below). Those wanting to learn English better have modules, too.
Some of the languages in Mango:
- Pirate (we aren't sure why...)