Q. How do I change the background color in Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign?
The process is the same for all of these applications. Please follow the steps below.
- Go to the Layers panel and create a new layer.
- Name it whatever you like.
- Drag that layer to the bottom of the layer stack.
- Then, use the Rectangle tool to draw a large rectangle over all (or just part) of the document.
- Adjust the color of the rectangle to fit your design.
- Then, you can lock the layer in the Layers panel to prevent accidental editing/moving of the large rectangle.
- If you want something other than a flat color, you can insert images, create shapes, use the Brush tool, etc.
Was this helpful? 2 0