Tell me more about Rasmussen student tutors.
Rasmussen student tutors are hired and specially trained to ensure we are providing positive, hard-working role models for all Rasmussen students. Tutors provide support services for students and Learning Services Coordinators. They provide guidance to students int their pursuit of learning resources and will serve primarily as a facilitator and evaluator of learning, rather than as a source of information.
What can I expect while working with a tutor?
- Expect you to be prepared
- Create supportive learning relationships
- Be knowledgeable about the material
- Acknowledge when he or she does not know an answer
- Walk you through sample assignments
- Work at your pace
- Ask questions
- Give positive, constructive feedback
- Advise you about other resources available for help
- Work with you for an hour each day
Tutors will not...
- Complete your work for you
- Provide answers to assignments, quizzes, tests, or exams
- Work with you for more than an hour at a time
- Keep the tutoring appointment if you are not prepared
What Do I need to know before working with a tutor?
This Answer will help you manage your expectations about working with a Rasmussen tutor: http://rasmussen.libanswers.com/faq/87788.
How do I connect with a Rasmussen tutor?
You can make an appointment with a Rasmussen tutor through Tutor Match.
Are Rasmussen tutors trained?
Our tutors are trained through the Tutor Excellence Program (TEP). The TEP is one of less than 1,000 programs across the world recognized by the College Reading and Learning Association as a certified program, providing recognition and positive reinforcement for tutors' successful work from an international organization and setting an internationally accepted standard of skills and training for a program to certify our tutors.
How do I become a tutor?
Tutors are hired through the Federal Work Study program. To learn more and to apply, check out the Work Study guide: http://guides.rasmussen.edu/workstudy. Once your application is received, it will be routed to the Learning Services Coordinator for your particular School.