Answered By: Kerry Louvier
Last Updated: Jun 24, 2015     Views: 1505

I am an instructor. How do I get copies of the textbooks and eTextbooks used in the courses I am teaching?

Each quarter you should receive the faculty version of the current booklist which lists materials and supplies being used for that quarter. Use that list to add eTextbooks to your VitalSource bookshelf or to request materials from publishers (see "how" information below).

Be aware, the materials can change/update from quarter to quarter so it is crucial that you verify your course materials with the Current booklist as well as your syllabi.

If your material has changed, you will need to request the new/updated material.  If you are teaching several courses, you may need to request your material from more than one publisher.  

If at any time during this process, you have any questions, be sure to reach out to your faculty manager, dean or the Personal Support Center (PSC).



If your materials are VitalSource eTextbooks, you can simply add them to your CourseSmart book shelf. See

Supplemental materials information:

Physical Materials

If your materials are physical, visit the Rasmussen  SharePoint Page (you will need to login) and then go to the "list" area.You will find:

    • A list of materials for the quarter
    • A list of publisher contacts


When contacting the publisher, be sure to ask for supplemental materials as well as the textbook.

In the file attached below, you will find a how-to handout for using the documents found in SharePoint.

Ask Us

All other (non-LLS questions) should be submitted to the appropriate department (advising, bookstore, PSC, etc.).