Chat with a Librarian
Submit a Question
Answered By: Sara Stambaugh, Digital Services Librarian Last Updated: Apr 25, 2016 Views: 122
Answered By: Sara Stambaugh, Digital Services Librarian
Last Updated: Apr 25, 2016 Views: 122
Most commonly used Federal Tax Forms:
- Form 1040 - U.S. Individual Income Tax Return - Annual Income tax return filed by citizens or residents of the United States.
- Form 1040A - U.S. Individual Income Tax Return - A Shorter version of Form 1040 allows you to report limited types of income and to claim certain adjustments.
- Form 1040EZ - Income Tax Return for Single and Joint Filers with NO Dependents - If you file Form 1040EZ, you cannot itemize deductions or claim any adjustments to income or tax credits (other than the earned income credit).
- Publication 17 - Your Federal Income Tax - Explains the general rules for filing a federal income tax return.
- Publication 505 - Tax Withholding and Estimated Tax - Explains tax withholding and estimated tax, and how to take credit on your return for them.
For a list of additional Federal Tax Forms as well as How-To Instructions, go to the IRS.gov Forms and Publications website here: http://www.irs.gov/Forms-&-Pubs