Chat with the Rasmussen Library
Chat will be OFFLINE for the Thanksgiving holiday. Normal chat hours will resume on Monday, November 27th. In the meantime, try browsing our existing Answers.
Submit a Question
Answered By: BethMarie Gooding Last Updated: Mar 07, 2016 Views: 72
Begin by defining what "power of attorney" means.
Because you are wanting this term to function in a medical context, you might begin by searching a medical dictionary (in addition to or instead of a legal dictionary).
- Try Credo Reference for online dictionaries in both areas.
- If a definition of "power of attorney" in a health care context does not answer what you need/want, you can also try searching our databases for articles that treat the issue in a more in-depth level.
- Try some of our health care databases:
- Health Sciences and Nursing via ProQuest
- Your search should be nouns that you want to see in the title of the articles. Try combinations like:
- "power of attorney" and "patient rights" or "patient information"
- "release medical information" and "power of attorney"
- "medical assistant" and "power of attorney"
- "health care" and "power of attorney"