Chat with the Rasmussen Library
Submit a Question
Answered By: Sara Stambaugh, Digital Services Librarian Last Updated: Jan 18, 2017 Views: 17122
Cloud Library is one of Rasmussen Library's collections of ebooks.
You can use it to access novels like Yo! that are required for some of Rasmussen's classes.
To use it, you must add and use the appropriate app to your device:
- PC Computers (if you are adding the PC app; find detailed instruction plus how-to video here)
- Mac Computers
- iOS (Apple) Devices
- Android Devices
Unfortunately, CloudLibrary does not currently work with other types of Kindles.
If you login to cloudLibrary on the web (not from the app), you can search for and check out materials, but you cannot READ them. You must use the app to read. You can use just the app and never go to the website. That is what we recommend. The app is key. The app is king.
- To login/set up your CloudLibrary account:
- Set up or run the app as requested (see above)
- Account login information for ALL Rasmussen students regardless of where you really live:
- Your country is United States
- Your state is (MN) Minnesota (even in you live in another state; because Rasmussen is based in Minnesota)
- Your library is Rasmussen College Library
- Your Library Card ID is your Rasmussen email (firstname.lastname@example.org) all lower case!
- There is NO password for login.
- If you enter in a password, you will get a login error message. Delete everything in the field and try logging in again.
- Accept the end user agreement
- If you are unable to login, please contact the librarians department: email@example.com
Once in the app & logged in:
- Search for books!
- Featured books are pre-selected by Rasmussen for a variety of categories: topics, courses, and media type.
- Browse allows you to see books by genres such as historical, humorous, and science fiction.
- My Books are the books or audiobooks you already have checked out.
- The three lines symbol (in the green box) allows you to go back to the main menu.
- The Magnifying glass icon lets you search by title, author, or keyword.
- Example: If you are looking for Yo!, click on the magnifying glass and type in Yo!
- Settings allows you to update your login information.
- Check out books!
- Click on a title you are interested in
- Click on check out or borrow
- Wait for the book to download to your device and begin reading
- Put Holds on Books that are Checked Out
- Click on "Add to Hold List" to be next in line (you will be notified when it is returned by the person who currently has it checked out)
- Check out policies:
- Books go out for 21 days at a time (they will self-return at 21 days)
- Please check out no more than 3 books at a time
- Please return books if you finish with them early
- Search for the book, click on Check In
An easier to remember URL to get back to this Answer is http://tinyurl.com/Ras-3mcloud