Chat with the Rasmussen Library
Note: Chat will be offline for the break weeks (6/17 - 7/4) and will resume on July 5th, 2017.
Starting July 5th, chat will be available Sunday through Thursday.
Submit a Question
Answered By: Cassie Sampson, Education & General Education Librarian Last Updated: Aug 30, 2016 Views: 17483
To access the plug-in version, you will need to first set-up your Grammarly account. For those instructions, click here.
Watch the short video below on how to use Grammarly's plug-in version. You can also follow these steps:
First, you will need to download the plug-in on your computer. The plug-in download is available at: https://www.grammarly.com/office-addin/windows
- As of August 2016, the plugin still only works in Word for PC computers.
- Mac user? Just in case, check in at https://support.grammarly.com (Grammarly's help / support area) and search "Mac" in the Knowledge Base search to see if they've added a plugin for Macs.
- For PC users, you will have to download the plugin and install it on your own computer (campus computers should have the plugin installed already).
The plug-in version is different from the online version in that it is available directly in Microsoft Word. You don’t have to go to Grammarly’s website to have your paper edited. With the plug-in version, you are able to:
- Make changes to your paper while it is still in Word (no uploading, saving, and downloading)
- Visit your mistakes in order instead of by type
For directions on how to use Grammarly's online version, click here.
- How do I use Grammerly if I don't have Word, I use doc.google.com instead? It's much more reliable then Word and I can access it from anywhere.
- Hilary, there is also an online version of Grammarly that you can use and access: see our Answer here: http://rasmussen.libanswers.com/faq/33180
- We have to pay for this?
No, you do not have to pay for Grammarly. You do need to use your Rasmussen email and an access code to get the correct account access. If you already created a Grammarly account and it is asking you to pay, please follow this instructions to get things fixed: http://rasmussen.libanswers.com/faq/53027