Chat with the Rasmussen Library
Submit a Question
Answered By: Anna Phan Last Updated: Mar 25, 2016 Views: 147
Answered By: Anna Phan
Last Updated: Mar 25, 2016 Views: 147
1. Pick the right database.
- For scholarly articles on diseases and conditions, your best options are CINAHL or Health Sciences and Nursing.
- Both of these collections are available in the Rasmussen College Online Library (click Articles by Subject in the "Find" column, and then Health Sciences).
2. Pick the right keywords.
- Sickle cell is more formally known as sickle cell anemia, so you might want to type the whole name in: sickle cell anemia
- If you want articles that combine sickle cell anemia with DNA, you might try searches such as:
- sickle cell anemia and DNA
- sickle cell anemia and genetics
- sickle cell anemia and genotype
3. Limit to scholarly articles.
- Our answer on finding Scholarly or Peer Reviewed articles should help with that...there is a simple box to check to limit your search. Click here to find out where that box is!