Chat with the Rasmussen Library
Chat will be OFFLINE for the Thanksgiving holiday. Normal chat hours will resume on Monday, November 27th. In the meantime, try browsing our existing Answers.
Submit a Question
Answered By: Jeneen LaSee-Willemssen Last Updated: Mar 23, 2016 Views: 277
Answered By: Jeneen LaSee-Willemssen
Last Updated: Mar 23, 2016 Views: 277
What does a student advisor do?
Rasmussen's student advisors:
- Prepare student schedules each quarter while monitoring progress to graduation
- Help students stay on track for a timely graduation date
- Answer general school-related questions, as well as questions about College policies and procedures
- Track attendance, grades, and success in courses
- Make customized recommendations for tutoring and other academic assistance
- Advise students who are not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Serve as the primary point of contact for basic Financial Aid questions
- Support and advocate for students when "life happens"
- Facilitate registration for test-outs