Chat with a Librarian
NOTE: Chat is currently unavailable for the summer break, we will return Monday, July 6, at 10am for the beginning of the new term.
Answered By: Jeneen LaSee-Willemssen Last Updated: Dec 22, 2014 Views: 2119
How do I get my student email on my smart phone?
Your student email account (Microsoft Office 365) has been configured for mobile access, so to get email from your smartphone, you just need to configure your phone's email settings.
Most email clients will allow users to type in an email address and then it will automatically configure the address.
If this doesn’t work, follow the steps below:
- Log in to http://smail.rasmussen.edu
- Click “Options” at the top right of the screen near the user’s name
- Click “See All Options”
- Near the middle of the page, there should be a link that says “Settings for POP, IMPA, and SMTP access…” Click on it.
- After clicking the link above, the user should be presented with the settings for their specific account
Please note that these settings must be retrieved from Office 365. Because of the way the service works, users may be shifted between pods and the settings from a different pod will not work.
Additional configuration information is available for Android, Apple (iOS), BlackBerry, Nokia (Symbian), Windows Phone, and Windows Mobile phones.
How-to information is available in two different ways:
- Mobile Phone Setup Reference (text instruction sheets):
- Mobile Phone Setup Wizard (interactive):
If you encounter difficulties, Rasmussen's Personal Support Center staff (866-693-2211 or email@example.com) will be able to guide you through the process.