Chat with a Librarian
Submit a Question
Answered By: BethMarie Gooding Last Updated: Mar 09, 2015 Views: 8008
For an example of an issue brief citation see the APA manual (6th ed.), p. 206, #35.
Format your citation like you would a book (or a website if you accessed the brief online), with these exceptions:
- If the issuing organization assigned a number (e.g., report number, contract number, monograph number) to the report, give that number in parentheses immediately after the title. (see example in screenshots below)
- If you retrieved the report from the U.S. Government Printing Office, list the publisher location and name as: Washington, DC: Government Printing Office.
- For reports retrieved online, identify the publisher as part of the retrieval statement unless the publisher has been identified as the author: Retrieved from Agency name website: http://www.xxxxxxxxx
How to add a report or issue number in NoodleBib (ONLY DO THIS IF THERE IS A REPORT/BRIEF NUMBER):
- At the top of the screen, click "Tweak this citation manually"
- On the next screen manually type in the issue brief number in parentheses after the title of the report but before the period. Make sure you include the words Issue brief no. in your citation.
- Click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page