Chat with a Librarian
Submit a Question
Answered By: Kate Anderson, Business Librarian Last Updated: Aug 01, 2016 Views: 989
Reference Pattern for reference ebooks:
Entry title. (date). In Editor's name. Title of reference book.
DOI (preface with: http://dx.doi.org/) or retrieved from url (of book's publisher).
Sample Reference for reference ebooks:
SOB. (2009). In Jablonski's dictionary of medical acronyms & abbreviations
(6th ed.). Retrieved from http://www.us.elsevierhealth.com
Sample Citation that Match the above Reference:
SOB can stand for many things, but Jablonski's provides the following medical interpretations ... (SOB, 2009).
Creating Your Own References Using NoodleTools:
- Login to your NoodleTools account.
- Create a project or use a pre-existing project
- Click on Sources.
- Click on the Create new citation button.
- Choose the location of the source (Database, Print of in-hand, File, app, ebook from the Where is it? section.Select Reference Source (it will be in a different location depending on the category you select).
- NoodleTools will provide you with extra information about identifying, evaluating and citing reference books like dictionaries and encyclopedias. Read what you want and then click Continue.
- Select the format of the reference work (print, web site, database, etc.) that you have. If you used an reference ebook from the online library, select Database.
- Fill in the requested information.
- Be careful to fill in ONLY the information needed, not more.
- Read NoodleTool's pop up boxes as they appear for more information and guidance.
- If you used an electronic reference source that was from the online library, you will need to provide the URL to the publisher's homepage. (See the example at the top of this page)
- Click on Submit when you are done.