Chat with a Librarian
Submit a Question
Answered By: BethMarie Gooding Last Updated: Mar 23, 2016 Views: 342
Try using our Discovery database to search for articles and e-books. When searching, use terms like:
- "body modification" and workplace
- tattoos and workplace
- "body piercing" and workplace
- "body modification" and "work environment"
- "body marking" and work
- "body modification" and employ* (* indicates employee, employment, employ, employed are all acceptable forms of the word)
If you're researching specific cases or the impact of EEOC on individuals or on the workplace, you may find what you're looking for in magazine and journal articles, also available on our library page. The following databases are good options:
If you're looking for websites, try the following:
- Website of the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- From the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
If you're looking for eBooks and reference materials, use the following eBook collections, available on our library page:
Take a look at this video from our Kanopy database on tattoos and things to consider if you're thinking of getting a tattoo (tattooing process is shown!).
Finally, have a look at Rasmussen's blog. One post is on tattoos in the workplace.