Answered By: Suzanne Schriefer, Education & General Education Librarian
Last Updated: Oct 12, 2018     Views: 4517

A great place to start a search is FastCase, a database that contains full-text court opinions from Federal and state courts.  This database can be accessed through the Rasmussen College Online Library (Find Articles > Database A-Z List) or through the Resources tab in your online class (click Search eResources to access the Database A-Z List). (View the video below for a quick demonstration.)

FastCase defaults to "Quick Caselaw Search."  If you want to search ALL caselaw, type keywords in the textbox at the top of the page and click Search.

Some keywords to consider are: "intentional tort"   patient   injury   hospital   doctor   clinic   "medical record"

Note:  If you are interested in searching a particular jurisdiction, use the Advanced Case Search option.

Use the Quick Caselaw Search box and type in "intentional tort" and injury and hospital or go to Advanced Caselaw Search on the left-hand side.

Click on the title to view the case in full text.

Click on the title to view the case in full text.

Articles reporting court opinions discussing intentional torts and an injury of a patient can also be found in newspaper, magazine, and other periodicals.  There are several library databases that can be searched to find this information including:

Best results will be achieved if keywords are used in searching these databases.  For more information, consult the Research page of the School of Health Sciences Guide.


Comments (1)

  1. Thank You for the information. I have the same assignment and I am currently researching as we speak.
    by Shanel Sandoval on Oct 19, 2014.

Chat with the Rasmussen Library

Chat Hours


12pm-8pm CT

Friday Offline
Saturday Offline
Sunday 4pm-8pm CT

Chat Expectations and Guidelines

Submit a Question

Submit Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.