Chat with the Rasmussen Library
Submit a Question
Answered By: Jeneen LaSee-Willemssen Last Updated: Mar 30, 2016 Views: 1450
This question is a great opportunity for you to weave together what you know about:
- what spreadsheets can do
- the kinds of things households, families, or individuals need to keep track of
Begin by thinking about spreadsheets and doing some background research.
- Gather information about spreadsheets by consulting reference materials, such as encyclopedias and eBooks which provide a basic introduction to spreadsheets.
- What are some common features and functions of spreadsheet software and spreadsheets?
- What types of mathematical or statistical calculations can spreadsheets do?
Brainstorm a list of things households or families need to keep track of or calculate.
- What are some common household tasks that involve numbers or money?
- What are some common things families try to keep track of, like an inventory?
- What are some common things individuals want to keep track of, related to their home environment?
Combine those ideas by asking yourself how a person could use a spreadsheet to track or calculate in relation to the household tasks you listed.