Chat with a Librarian
Answered By: Jeneen LaSee-Willemssen Last Updated: Dec 22, 2014 Views: 3405
All Rasmussen students are given the Microsoft Office suite when they begin their courses. The suite includes Word, Power Point, Access, Excel, and more.
Currently (09/2013), the Microsoft Office version that Rasmussen students may download is the 2010 version for PCs and the 2011 version for Macs.
Download instructions for Microsoft Office are emailed to students shortly after their first day of class.
If you cannot find these instructions you may try the quick instructions below:
1. Uninstall existing Microsoft Office (MS Office) versions from your computer.
2. Go to Rasmussen.onthehub.com
3. Click sign in
4. Click register
5. Click “an account has been created for me…” first, if that doesn’t work, use the third option and register with your Rasmussen student email address and verify by checking your student email.
6. Login and go through the order process of adding MS Office to your cart and then checking out. The download is large so may take 1-3 hours. You will also be required to install Secure Download Manager to manage the download. The download instructions walk you through this process.
7. If you have a Windows based PC, you will be asked to download either the 32 bit or the 64 bit version. If you have Windows XP, choose 32 bit. If you have Windows 8, choose 64 bit. If you have Windows 7, Click “start” and right click – Properties on “Computer”. Listed next to “System Type” will be which version of Office you need (32 or 64 bit).
8. Also available for download will be MS Lync. This is neither needed nor required (but it is fun).
9. Remember to physically write down the serial number it gives you in red on your order receipt because after 30 days you can’t get it back without paying $12.99 to that website!
10. The Office 2010 is the full version and does not expire. The code works twice if you want to install it on a 2nd pc as well.
11. If you run into any problems, call the PSC at 866-693-2211