Chat with a Librarian

Chat Hours



Friday 10am-4pm CT
Saturday 11am-3pm CT
Sunday 5pm-9pm CT

Chat Expectations and Guidelines

Submit a Question

Submit Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.

Answered By: Jeneen LaSee-Willemssen
Last Updated: Mar 29, 2016     Views: 2185

Try Health Sciences and Nursing (ProQuest), which is one of our databases.

Once there, search JCAHO and violations and you will get a list of articles. Pick one that seems to refer to a specific organization or hopsital. You could be more specific and search "JCAHO and violations and hospitals".

If you want newer examples, you might also want to try searching Joint Commission and violations and hospital, since JCAHO (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations) changed its name to The Joint Commission in 2007 and "joint commission" is not as specific as JCAHO.

See image of a database search below:

You might also want to check the Joint Commission's Quality Check Reports to see if there are problems indicated for a specific health care organization. See: for more information.

Note: A shortened link for this answer is located at