Answered By: Suzanne Schriefer, Education & General Education Librarian Last Updated: Sep 11, 2019 Views: 132
Flipgrid is an online tool that allows students to create and share recordings with classmates. Your instructor will create a "grid" --an online meeting place -- that includes a question or prompt. You can record a response using your cell phone, tablet, or computer to share with others in your course.
Follow these simple instructions to get started!
Instructions for Smart Phones and Tablets:
1. Download the Flipgrid app to your smartphone or tablet.
2. Open the app and click the Flip code provided by your instructor in the "Enter a Flip Code" box to join the conversation.
3. Click on the Flipgrid button associated with your assignment.
4. View the topic and instructions.
5. Open the Flipgrid topic by tapping the screen on your cell phone. Tap the star to open the recording device.
6. Tap the recording icon, the red circle with video camera, and begin recording your response.
TIP: Once you have recorded your response, you can preview the video and record again until you are ready to post it by clicking on the circle arrow icon.
7. You will be prompted to add a profile picture. Follow the instructions for taking a photo of your choosing to upload.
8. Once you have added your profile picture, title your recording by clicking on the green arrow icon.
9. The following screen will appear. Add your title in the text box and click the green paper airplane icon to post your recording.
10. Make sure that your recording has loaded before closing the application. You should see a screen like the one below when the recording has posted.
Instructions for Computers
1. Navigate to Flipgrid at https://info.flipgrid.com/
2. Click on the "Enter a Grid Code" button (you have two choices).
3. Enter the code provided by your instructor in the "Enter a Flip Code" box.
4. Refer to steps 3 - 8 in the Smart phone and Tablet instructions above. Note that your screen view may look slightly different.