Answered By: Suzanne Schriefer, Education & General Education Librarian Last Updated: Jul 15, 2019 Views: 4
Google Forms is a tool that you can use to create a survey, an opinion poll, a registration form, or any other document used to gather information.
You must have an active Google account in order to use this tool.
Follow these steps to create a survey in Google Forms:
1. Navigate to Google Forms: https://www.google.com/forms/about/
2. Select "Personal" on the log in page.
3. Select "Blank"
4. Remove "Untitled Form" and enter your title for the survey.
5. Enter a brief description of your survey as well as any instructions in the Form Description text box.
6. Click on the + to add your first question.
7. Select the type of question you want to add to your survey from the dropdown menu.
8. Enter your question. If you are creating a multiple choice question or including a questions with a dropdown menu, you can add additional responses by clicking "Option" or "Add Option."
9. Repeat steps 6 through 8 until all of the questions have been added to the survey.
10. Optional: Change the background color of your form by changing the theme. Click on the artist palette icon in the upper left and check the theme color of choice from the menu.
11. Preview your survey by clicking on the eye icon in the upper right of the page.
12. Proofread your survey and make edits, correct spelling and grammar errors as needed.
13. To generate a link to your survey, click the Send button in the upper right of the page, and click on the link icon in the "Send via" area in the pop-up box. Click copy to copy the URL to your form. Consider pasting the URL to a Word document, saving it as a favorite or use another method to save the link for your assignment.