Chat with the Rasmussen Library
Submit a Question
Answered By: Sara Stambaugh, Digital Services Librarian Last Updated: Aug 29, 2017 Views: 27
There are two Cloud Library folders that must be deleted from your computer before reinstalling the application and one of them is a bit tricky to find. Please see the directions below to find the two Cloud Library folders and delete them from your computer, then reinstall the Cloud Library app for PC.
Full Uninstall of the PC App:
First – Delete Cloud Library Folder from Programs menu:
- Go to your Start Menu.
- Select the Control Panel.
- Find "Programs and Features". The list may take a minute to populate so be patient (note: in Windows XP - this may be called "Add or Remove Programs").
- Find the Cloud Library folder and click once to highlight it.
- Click "Uninstall" or "Remove" button (depending on your version of Windows, this could be located above the list of programs, or a part of the program's information line).
- Follow any prompts your computer gives you to uninstall the program.
- Now check your computer for a leftover or “hidden” folder from Cloud Library (see the instructions below, choose one based on your Windows version):
Second – Delete Hidden Folder (Windows Vista or Windows 7)
- Go to the Start Menu
- In the Search programs and files box, enter exactly: %appdata% and hit enter on your keyboard.
- This should pull up a list of folders. Delete the folder for Cloud Library.
- Clear your Internet browser’s cache/history. If you do not know how to do this then click the following link: (http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache). Follow directions shown.
- Once this is done, close all open windows and power off your computer for at least 2 or 3 minutes. Then power on your computer.
- Reinstall the app from the Cloud Library link: http://yourcloudlibrary.com/index.php/en-us/how-it-works
If you're still having trouble, check out the Cloud Library Support site: http://yourcloudlibrary.com/index.php/en-us/support You may be able to find a how-to video or FAQ to help you resolve your issue.