Chat with the Rasmussen Library
Submit a Question
Answered By: Tammy Hopps Last Updated: Jun 30, 2017 Views: 1145
Answered By: Tammy Hopps
Last Updated: Jun 30, 2017 Views: 1145
Want to learn how to be a successful student? A New Student Peer Mentor can help!
New Student Peer Mentors:
- Show new students how to balance life’s obligations along with school to be successful in their education and show them the ropes of college life
- Share strategies that have worked for them and help new students develop their own strategies for:
- navigating online courses
- managing time effectively
- effective reading, note taking, studying, and test-taking
- proper channels of communication
- In short, a New Student Peer Mentor can show new students what it takes to be a successful student.
How do I connect with a New Student Peer Mentor?
- You will make an appointment with a New Student Peer Mentor in Tutor Match.
- From the Student Portal, select Tutoring under the Resources section. In Tutor Match, choose Success Skills from the Topic drop down menu and select New Student Mentor from the Subject drop down menu). Watch the short video below for directions.
- Site was helpful, this will be a tool that will help in my success of the course program.
- This was very helpful. Great for students who are new to the college life.