Chat with the Rasmussen Library
Submit a Question
Answered By: Tammy Hopps Last Updated: Jun 30, 2017 Views: 422
Q: What does a Peer Mentor do?
Peer Mentors are certified tutors who are trained to show you how to navigate the entire process of being a student while supporting you in a variety of aspects including those beyond academics.
A Peer Mentor:
- Has been exactly where you are right now
- Shares the expectations that lay ahead
- Provides tips that save you time and effort
- Speak directly to your concerns of the unknown
- Recommends regular touch points to gauge progress & stay on track
Q: What courses have Peer Mentors and how do I meet with them?
This ANSWER will take you to the current Peer Mentor schedule and the courses available.
We also offer Peer Mentoring appointments for new students. Click HERE for instructions.
Q: What does a Tutor do?
A Tutor is a student who has been trained in tutoring strategies and has successfully passed the courses they tutor in with a grade of ‘B’ or better.
- Has likely taken the course you need help with (the exception is Live Help tutors)
- Can support you when you have specific questions about assignments
- Can provide perspective about what will be helpful for the course
Q: What subject areas/courses have Tutors and how do I meet with them?
This ANSWER will show you how to see if there is a Tutor for your course and how to make an appointment.
Should I Connect with a Tutor or a Peer Mentor?