Chat with the Rasmussen Library
Submit a Question
Answered By: Sara Stambaugh, Digital Services Librarian Last Updated: Jun 21, 2017 Views: 938
By using online chat you acknowledge that you have read and understand the Rasmussen College Library Chat Expectations listed below.
Expectations for Library Chat
The mission of the Rasmussen College Library is to cultivate life-long learners who are prepared to thrive in a diverse and digital society. In order to provide the best possible service, please keep the following expectations in mind when using the library chat service.
Expectations and Conduct
The chat service is intended only for students, faculty, and staff at Rasmussen College.
Per Rasmussen College's Conduct/Dismissal Policy, "Students are expected to conduct themselves with the same standards of behavior as are expected in the workplace and community at large." Please:
- Refrain from using harassing or obscene language.
- Refrain from spamming or posting inappropriate materials.
- Use emoticons only when appropriate or necessary.
- Hold yourself responsible for academic integrity and ethical behavior.
The Library Chat service may provide help with the following:
- Identifying topics and sources for research;
- Guidance and information about elements of a research paper;
- APA formatting and citation guidelines; and
- Using the online library.
Services not provided include, but are not limited to:
- Paper review and in-depth writing help;
- Technical assistance relating to textbooks and computer problems; and
- Specific answers to homework assignments.
If you require help with any of the services not provided by chat please use the following links to connect with the appropriate resource: