Chat with the Rasmussen Library
Submit a Question
Answered By: Sara Stambaugh, Digital Services Librarian Last Updated: Jun 17, 2016 Views: 804
All Rasmussen College live classroom sessions are delivered using the WebEx platform. For an introduction to WebEx and some of the basic functions, please watch this short video.
WebEx Tips for Students
- The College recommends using Firefox as the browser of choice when attending a WebEx session. To check what operating systems and browsers are compatible with WebEx, contact the Personal Support Center. Additional information on browser compatibility can be found through this link (page 73).
- Regarding bandwidth and connectivity to the WebEx session, 1.5MB is recommended, but 3 MB is preferred for optimal viewing. This aligns with our Basic Device Requirements policy included in the Enrollment Agreement.
- It is recommended that students download the WebEx plugin prior to the start of classes for quicker access to the live classroom session. Download the plugin here.
Live Sessions and Links
- A WebEx weblink will be posted by the instructor in your online course guiding you to the live classroom session.
- In Blackboard Learn, the link, as well as recordings of past sessions, will appear on the Course Home page in either the Live Classroom Session Information or Instructor Info section.
- In Engage, the link will appear at the bottom of the Home page and in the left side Navigation Pane.
NOTE: At times, you may need to copy and paste link posted into a new browser window, as opposed to just clicking the hyperlink.