Answered By: Kate Anderson, Business Librarian Last Updated: Jun 22, 2018 Views: 239
Rasmussen has many resources to help improve your business writing. Review and access the resources below, organized by category (Guide, eBooks, tutorials, videos, etc.), and be sure to watch the Professional Writing versus Academic Writing video at the bottom of this FAQ.
Learning Express Library has a number of tutorials available on the topic of improving your business writing.
- To begin, go to Learning Express Library.
- Log into Learning Express. If this is your first time using Learning Express, you will need to create an account.
- After logging in, you can access the tutorials in one of two ways:
- In the search box in the middle of the screen, search for "business writing", and press the magnifying glass.
- Or, there are business writing modules in the Career Preparation, College Students, and Adult Core Skills areas.
- In the Career Preparation area, click on "Job Search and Workplace Skills". Then select "Strengthen Your Business Writing Skills".
- In the Adult Core Skills area, click on Improve "Your Writing, Speaking, and Grammar" to access tutorials on writing and grammar.
- In the College Students area, click on "Grammar and Writing Skills Review". Navigate through a number of helpful modules and tutorials on grammar and writing.
Search eBooks via EBSCO and eBooks Central via ProQuest databases for your topic. For example, "business plan" will produce a number of relevant eBooks to further your understanding of constructing business plans. Sample eBooks from both databases are provided below (if one interests you, click on the cover to access the eBook):