Chat with the Rasmussen Library
Submit a Question
Answered By: Kate Anderson, Business Librarian Last Updated: Oct 11, 2017 Views: 137
Rasmussen has many resources to help improve your business writing. Review and access the resources below, organized by category (Guide, eBooks, tutorials, videos, etc.), and be sure to watch the Professional Writing versus Academic Writing video at the bottom of this FAQ.
Learning Express Library has a number of tutorials available on the topic of improving your business writing.
- To begin, go to Learning Express Library.
- Log into Learning Express. If this is your first time using Learning Express, you will need to create an account. If you need help with creating an account, watch a video accessible through the Video Guides at the top of the homepage for help.
- After logging in, you can access the tutorials in one of two ways:
- In the search box at the top right, search for "business writing" within the Library collection, and press the magnifying glass.
- Or, you can access content from individual Centers under the All Centers dropdown list. There are business writing modules in the Adult Learning Center, the Career Center, and the College Center.
- In the Adult Learning Center, click on Improve "Your Writing, Speaking, and Grammar" to access modules on "Writing Skills for the Workplace" and a "Writing Skills Tutorial".
- In the Career Center, click on "Job Search and Workplace Skills". Then click on "Build Your Workplace Skills" in the left column. Lastly, click on "Strengthen Your Business Writing Skills".
- In the College Center, click on "Grammar and Writing Skills Review". Navigate through a number of helpful modules and tutorials using the left column.
Search eBooks via EBSCO and eBooks Central via ProQuest databases for your topic. For example, "business plan" will produce a number of relevant eBooks to further your understanding of constructing business plans. Sample eBooks from both databases are provided below (if one interests you, click on the cover to access the eBook):