Chat with the Rasmussen Library
Submit a Question
Answered By: Kristie Keuntjes Last Updated: Dec 11, 2015 Views: 845
We now offer specialized APA tutoring appointments through Tutor Match!
What is covered during an APA tutoring appointment?
Tutors will use the APA Paper Checklist to review papers for the following:
- Cover page
- Body of the paper formatting
- Reference lists
- In-text citations
What is not covered during an APA tutoring appointment?
APA tutoring appointments are not:
- Paper review sessions
- Writing assistance
- Comprehensive APA instruction
How do I prepare for an APA tutoring appointment?
Come prepared with:
- Specific APA questions
- Completed written assignment or graded assignment with instructor feedback
- List of resources used (you must have access to the original resources)
- Resources you have already tried
If you come to an APA tutoring session unprepared, your tutor will ask you to reschedule until you are prepared.
What are the technical requirements for an APA tutoring appointment?
These Answers will help you ensure you are ready to go for your APA tutoring appointment:
- How do I prepare my computer for an online tutoring appointment?
- How do I use the OnSync platform in online tutoring?
I'm ready to schedule my appointment. Where do I go?
- Log into the Online Tutoring Service. This can be accessed through the Resources tab in your online courses. You will scroll down until you see Online Tutoring Service.
- Look for Tutor Match.
- Select Success Skills from the list of topics and APA from the list of subjects.
You can also find APA help under Writing/Research. Select Writing/Research from the topics and APA from the subjects.
- Click on Schedule.
- Select the date for your appointment from the calendar.
- Select the time slot that works best for you and click on Select.
- Almost done! Verify time, time zone, and date. Enter your telephone number so we can contact you if necessary. Consider adding notes to let the tutor know what you need to work on during the session.
- Click Confirm when you are ready to schedule your appointment. When the tutor confirms the appointment, you will receive a confirmation email in your student email.