Chat with the Rasmussen Library
Submit a Question
Answered By: Kate Anderson, Business Librarian Last Updated: Feb 15, 2017 Views: 123
Information to guide faculty in decisions about using copyright-protected resources in courses, whether online or residential, is located in the Copyright Toolkit (screenshot of homepage below).
Content included in the Copyright Toolkit:
- Individual pages with copyright information for each type of resource (articles, videos, eBooks, etc.) you may wish to use. Content included within these pages:
- Scenarios based upon frequently asked copyright questions from Faculty
- Recommended Library databases to use in place of copyright-protected resources
- Open access resources/sites
- Flowcharts to provide a visual understanding of how to determine use for each type of resource
- Sites for purchasing licenses or access
- Link to the Copyright Permission Request Form
- Information on Fair Use
- Information on Copyright Law
- Creative Commons information
- Copyright Permission Request Form and "Library" to store permissions received/granted
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions about the Toolkit.
Contact email@example.com if you have reviewed the content in the Faculty Copyright Toolkit, but still have a question about the use of a specific resource in your course.