Chat with the Rasmussen Library
Submit a Question
Answered By: Sara Stambaugh, Digital Services Librarian Last Updated: Apr 03, 2017 Views: 675
NOTE: Information to guide faculty in decisions about using copyright-protected resources (like videos) in courses, whether online or residential, is located in the Copyright Toolkit.
To embed a video in a Blackboard Course announcement:
1. Go to Course Home.
2. Click to Add/Edit Announcements.
3. Click Create Announcement.
4. Enter in Title of Announcement (Subject) and any text you want to appear.
5. Click the double chevron in the right corner of the Message box area to see more options.
6. Select the Video Icon (has a play button).
7. Click the Source tab in the Insert/Edit Embedded Media box, and paste in the embed code for the video.
8. Go back to the General tab to preview the media you embedded.
9. Click Insert to insert media.
10. Add any additional text to your announcement, set announcement options, and then click Submit to publish your announcement.